Sunday, May 5, 2013

I Still Love You

Hello again! A new blog post, just when you thought I didn't love you anymore. My apologies for the hiatus, I've been a busy girl. Classes are great--from Intro to Linguistics, The Study of Poe's Works, and a Do-It-Yourself Poetry Class--all of them indulge my inner literature/word nerd.

Also keeping me busy has been trip planning. As it turns out, every single school free holiday we have is in May, so this is when I will be doing my heavy traveling, and weekend trips will be for the following months. It seems things have just been falling into place. A year ago I was browsing Pinterest when I spotted a picture of these crazy colorful buildings all piled like legos onto the edge of a breathtaking cliff drop off, complete with frothy waves crashing at the bottom--and I knew immediately I wanted to go there. It seemed like a crazy dream from where I sat in my chair, in Johnson City, Tennessee. Yet still I saved the picture to my desktop, always the dreamer. Even if it were cheap enough for me to afford, no one would want to travel with me and I didn't see myself traveling there alone.

Flash forward to present day: I'm talking with a friend and discussing holiday travel plans when he casually mentions a few people are going to Italy, and I am welcome to come. My heart leaps. Where, you ask? Cinque Terre. Where the houses are all like crazy colorful legos and the hungry waves crash into the cliff side  That is serendipity, friends.

We leave Wednesday, the 8th and get back the 13th. There are five small, colorful towns that are close together, which make up Cinque Terre, and we are going to hike to each of them. I know, physical activity. How dreadful. But it will be so worth it. Here is a quick teaser picture, the exact one I found so long ago.


Expect many more pictures when I get back.

xoxo!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

First, its about time! :)

Second, I am so very jealous about Cinque Terre! J recently finished composing for this documentary (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1941581/) and I've wanted to visit and enjoy the wine since he picked up the project. Have a great time and enjoy a glass for me! Cheers!

Anna said...

First, I know, I'm sorry!

Second, I will definitely have to check that out! If it weren't illegal, I would take some Sciacchetra back for you. :)

Post a Comment